Awards and Recognition
Club and District Awards - see below
We supported our District Clubs by recognizing Clubs' achievements, the product of Rotarians working together for the common purpose of serving others. We are thankful for all of these efforts, irrespective of whether they received any awards or certificates.
At times, Rotarians stand out among their peers for exemplary service. We know that they do not give of themselves in order to earn awards or be recognized individually, but service that is "above and beyond" was recognized by the District.
Likewise, some Club projects are simply extraordinary. We valued every Club's effort to improve their community, whether local or international, and annually recognized the best of the best.
Here are some of the ways that Clubs and individuals were recognized in our District.
- Care & Share Awards - recognition of club projects
- F. S. Mathewson Rotarian of the Year - presented to the Rotarian who best exemplified Service Above Self
- Jean Harris Award - recognizing the non-Rotarian who best exemplified Service Above Self
- Public Image Award - earned by clubs that best promoted the ideals of Rotary through their websites and social media
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards - a weekend event for selected students who then enjoyed leadership opportunities and camaraderie.
- Service Above Self Award from Rotary International - a limited, competitive award for service in and outside of Rotary
- Significant Achievement Award - RI President's award for a club that addressed a significant community need.
- Vocational Service Award - presented to the Rotarian who demonstrated the highest ethical values in business.