Awards and Recognition
Ann Walko, Director
Club and District Awards - see below
We support our District Clubs by recognizing Clubs' achievements, the product of Rotarians working together for the common purpose of serving others. We are thankful for all of these efforts, irrespective of whether they receive any awards or certificates.
At times, Rotarians stand out among their peers for exemplary service. We know that they do not give of themselves in order to earn awards or be recognized individually, but service that is "above and beyond" should and will be recognized by the District.
Likewise, some Club projects are simply extraordinary. We value every Club's effort to improve their community, whether local or international, and annually recognize the best of the best.
Here are some of the ways that Clubs and individuals are recognized in our District.
- Care & Share Awards - recognition of club projects
- Club of the Year Award - the District Governor's selection of the one Rotary Club that best exemplifies Service Above Self in all aspects of the Five Avenues of Service
- F. S. Mathewson Rotarian of the Year - presented to the Rotarian who best exemplifies Service Above Self
- Jean Harris Award - recognizing the non-Rotarian who best exemplifies Service Above Self
- Presidential Citation - awarded by RI to clubs that meet standards set by the RI President
- Public Image Award - earned by clubs that best promote the ideals of Rotary through their websites and social media
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards - a weekend event for selected students who will enjoy leadership opportunities and camaraderie.
- Service Above Self Award from Rotary International - a limited, competitive award for service in and outside of Rotary
- Significant Achievement Award - RI President's award for a club that addresses a significant community need.
- Vocational Service Award - presented to the Rotarian who demonstrates the highest ethical values in business.